• 25

    February 2020

    Saskatoon man charged with child luring, sexual assault

    Following a brief appearance Thursday, an electronic monitoring report was ordered ahead of next week's court date.

    Saskatoon provincial court. MATT SMITH / SASKATOON STARPHOENIX

    A 45-year-old man facing child sex charges will remain in custody for another week until his next appearance.

    Jason Troy Hann is set to return Feb. 27 to Saskatoon provincial court for a bail hearing. The 45-year-old Saskatoon man is facing charges related to the sexual assault of a child, luring a child and child pornography. According to Saskatoon police on Thursday, “further charges are pending as the investigation continues.”

    Following a brief appearance Thursday, an electronic monitoring report was ordered ahead of next week’s court date.

    Earlier this month, members of the Saskatoon police vice unit and the integrated child exploitation (ICE) unit “became aware of two females, ages 15 and 16, that were being sexually exploited,” police said in a news release.

    Police believe the girls were lured through communications on an online app and had pornographic images sent to them.

    Investigators “believe both victims were sexually assaulted by the accused,” police said.

    Hann was arrested without incident on Feb. 13 at a home in the 300 block of Meighen Crescent. Police conducted a search warrant at the residence and seized electronic devices as part of the investigation.

     

    Published on: February 21, 2020

    Retrieved from: https://thestarphoenix.com/news/crime/saskatoon-man-charged-with-child-luring-sexual-assault

    • Posted By: Saskatoon Star Phoenix
    • |
    • Comments: 0
< Back

Leave A Comment:


Category

Archive

By Year: